Long stay visa for study in France
List of documents (original + 1 copy)
Two long stay visa application forms. Forms must be completely and legibly filled in with black or blue ink, dated and signed by the applicant ;
Two photographs meeting requirements : the photos must be recent (less than three months), in color on a clear background, taken from the front, passport size – 35mm x 45mm, clearly showing the face, the forehead hairline and ears.
Passport + 1 copy in good condition, with a date of expiration at least 3 months after the end of the student’s proposed stay in France, issued within the past 10 years and containing at least 2 blank pages. The passport will be returned the day of your deposit request.
A Latvian, Lithuanian, Estonian residence permit valid at the time of filing the application until the entry in France.
Proof of your student status :
- Attestation from your higher education institution or university in country where you are living and results stamped by the higher education institution or university ;
- Last degree or diploma with certified translation in French ;
- For inter-university exchange students : certificate of registration issued by the school ;
- Letter of enrolment in a high School / University in France, specifying exact dates of attendance and duration of the studies.
Financial guarantee : a monthly minimum of 615 euros is required (original bank statement with the stamp and signature of bank officer). For students rewarded by a grant, an affidavit stating the amount and duration of the grant.
Accommodation during at least the first three months of the stay :
- In the case of a rented accommodation : lease contract ;
- If accommodation is provided by an individual : letter stating their full address and that you will be living with them during the whole length of the study period + copy of the french national identity card, copy of the "titre de séjour" for no French citizens + copy of a telephone or gas or electricity bill of the person you will be staying with in France ;
- If accommodation is in an establishment (or in an institution) or provided by an establishment (or an institution) : attestation by the establishment or institution ;
- If accommodation is in a hotel : reservation and necessary resources to cover costs.
Scholarship and financial aid students (ERASMUS) : attestation confirming the amount and duration of the bursary or an explanation outlining the benefits of a community program ; no additional resource is required.